Mopar Performance Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Wolf Ammo

4 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Wolf Ammo Empty Thoughts on Wolf Ammo

Post  dmw56 Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm

What is your thoughts, experience of Wolf Ammo? I have shoot a bunch of it in different calibers and some guns like it and other don't. For the price I don't think it can be beat and I've heard some of it can be mildly corrosive.
dmw56
dmw56

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Wolf Ammo Empty Re: Thoughts on Wolf Ammo

Post  dwc43 Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:46 pm

I've shot several rounds through my SKS and it never gave a problem. I liked it. Shot both hollow and fmj's. Both worked great. Have two boxes left and plan to buy some more. I don't think it's corrosive, but I'll have to check and make sure. Very Happy
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Wolf ammo isnt corrosive. wolf, silver bear, and golden tiger are all non corrosive steel cased ammo. Ive been shooting this stuff for years and hasnt been a problem with my sks and ak-47. The only down side its steel cased. I do however have some winchester brass I need to reload.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cerres Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Wolf makes the better part of the ammo for the former Soviet... it's accurate, reliable and in quantity... Stay away from the Chinese imported ammo if you're thinking 7.62/39. Their loads are such that they're closer to armor piercing...

cerres

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:00 pm

What do you consider armor piercing?? For that matter I have never seen a box of norinco ammo chambered for 7.62 x 39. I have a box 7.62 tok it doesnt say what grains it has but, why does it matter if they might be armor piercing? The tokarov was designed to be a hot round and its the only semi auto round that will pierce metal regardless.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  cerres Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:17 pm

txpower_ram wrote:What do you consider armor piercing?? For that matter I have never seen a box of norinco ammo chambered for 7.62 x 39. I have a box 7.62 tok it doesnt say what grains it has but, why does it matter if they might be armor piercing? The tokarov was designed to be a hot round and its the only semi auto round that will pierce metal regardless.
The bullet, instead of being a simple jacket filled with lead, has a heat treated nail held in place while the lead is formed around it, then jacketed. It works in such a manner in that its own kenetic energy actually acts as an AP round capable of defeating flack jackets, one after the next. In as much as it's claimed none of this ammo has managed its way into the states, I've found others who had pictures of the round cut so you could see the piece of wire (looks like a nail with a head) exposed..... The biggest reason so they claim it's not imported is it makes a very poor hunting round... no doubt true... none the less I'm sure other reasons exist.

cerres

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  dmw56 Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Cheaper than Dirt is now selling Wolf 7.62X39 20 rounds for...........................$27.79 a box Shocked Shocked affraid

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM631-5.html
dmw56
dmw56

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:50 pm

I understand what you mean by armor piercing. But my cz-52 with its tok. round is shaped like a small 30 cal but, its bottle necked with a Velocity and energy of 502 m/s (1,650 ft/s) 693 J (511 ft·lbf) does the job just fine. I shot right though flak vests, 1/4 steel plate etc. It rocks.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down