Mopar Performance Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

squeaky pulleys/breaks

2 posters

Go down

squeaky pulleys/breaks Empty squeaky pulleys/breaks

Post  txpower_ram Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Ok, on my 89' power ram I finally had the time to fix the gas leaking over the manifold, I also in the process changed out old injector hoses and taped/insulated wires over the intake. Heres a concern I have, the truck sat for a month and a half, I started it and all the pulleys squeaked then quieted after 5 min, except the air pump.

Im going to use a long screw to be sure however, what are my opinions to solve this problem?

Also, Im fitting a new rear brake line, do those brake bleeding tools work? I dont have many friends that will help me out in order to bleed them.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

squeaky pulleys/breaks Empty Re: squeaky pulleys/breaks

Post  dwc43 Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Just remove the belt from the pump and remove and plug any lines. You can do away with the air pump without any problems as long as you don't have a visual;l inspection and you can plug the line to the converter or just remove the converter all together.

Never used any of the bleeder tools, but you can gravity bleed it. Open all the valves and put rubber tubes on them and place them in an empty jar to collect the fluid. Take the master cyl. cap off and fill it full. It should start to run out the bleeder valves into the containers. It's about the best way to bleed brakes. Very Happy
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:04 am

well thats the problem, the truck has to be 25 yrs old in order to not emission test. In order to bleed the brakes do i need to mess with the prop. valve?
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  dwc43 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:43 am

Well since you are about 5 years away from no e test, best thing you can do is pull the belt for now. Then when you go to e test, put it back on and they probably wont say anything about it. Those things lock up all the time. First thing that happened to my RamCharger and it only have 65,000 miles on it then. Don't bother with a junk yard piece, they wont be any better if you can find one that is not locked up.

You should not have to mess with the prop valve on the brake issue since you are not starting over from scratch with empty lines. Your just trying to get the air out.

Also, are you sure you can go to carbed on that engine and pass e test? Not sure they will allow you to convert since there was no carbed engines for that year truck. You better check on that before you start to convert. Very Happy
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:16 pm

well yes and no. What my friends do with their old trucks that have carbs but, they arent suppose to and that arent quite old enough to be antiques. They just say the old engine blew and they dropped an older style engine in. Works every time. Same thing with my uncle, thats his line too.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum