Mopar Performance Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me

2 posters

Go down

still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me Empty still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me

Post  txpower_ram Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:33 pm

Looking at a good strong running 68' ford f100. Has two problems a small oil drip from the drain plug and the tranny dip stick pops out from time. Its got a ford 360 with a 2 barrel with c6 tranny. Its tagged, registered, and inspected. For $800 I think I cant pass it up and turn into a strong farm truck.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me Empty Re: still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me

Post  dwc43 Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:16 pm

I doubt it's a C6. Most likely a C4. If it's the dipstick itself that is popping out, then I would find out what kind of tranny problem it has before I bought it. Maybe a stopped up vent valve, or too much pressure. Something is causing it to come out.
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me Empty Re: still a mopar guy but, this ford is calling me

Post  txpower_ram Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Well I asked a ford guy. He said it was a common problem and its easy to fix. It would have to be a c6 tranny they were used primarly in trucks from 66' to 96'. All FE engines(360 and up) bolted up to a c6 tranny or a manual. The c4 is too lite for it.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Looks to me that the ford uses the same rims that my old dodge does??
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  dwc43 Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 pm

IT has the same bolt pattern, that's all. Check back spacing and also check the diameter of the register. Some Ford wheels have a smaller register than Mopar wheels.
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down