Mopar Performance Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun Show Frenzy

2 posters

Go down

Gun Show Frenzy Empty Gun Show Frenzy

Post  dmw56 Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:17 pm

A couple of friends and I went to a gun show at the NM Fairgrounds this past Saturday. The show started at 0900 so we thought we'd get there at 0900 and get right in. Wrong! There was a line over 100 yards long and we waited a little over an hour to get in. Probably twice the number of venders there than at previous shows I've been to there.

I bought some high cap mags, a folding stock for my Mini 14, a couple flash suppressors, several hundred rounds of ammo and a Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge for Sporting Clays. I would have bought more ammo but we couldn't carry any more.

I also bought a steel army helmet for $20, what the hell I always wanted one. I wore it into the house when I got home, my wife just looked at me, sighed, shook her head, and rolled her eyes! Rolling Eyes No

I'm sure you guys have gotten that reaction before.
dmw56
dmw56

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Gun Show Frenzy Empty Re: Gun Show Frenzy

Post  txpower_ram Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 pm

yes i know gun shows are crazy. The thing is people are buying way over priced rifles and such. Last show i went to, they had ak's for $850 they had mini's for $750.. ar's for $1000.. but i went to the local gun shop they had ar's for $800.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  dmw56 Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:18 pm

txpower_ram wrote:yes i know gun shows are crazy. The thing is people are buying way over priced rifles and such. Last show i went to, they had ak's for $850 they had mini's for $750.. ar's for $1000.. but i went to the local gun shop they had ar's for $800.

I went to local gun shop today and they were sold out of "assault" rifles and had 4 pistols left. Almost no ammo except shotgun, some big bore magnum rifle ammo and hardly any loading supplies left. Same thing at the big "Sportsman's Warehouse" store.
dmw56
dmw56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:27 pm

well the fool has gotten rid of the term enemy combatant.. so idk whats next.

I bought a big order from midway usa on monday and two days later I got my stuff. Thats the fastest shipment Ive ever received. I got a hornady tumbler, a forester trimmer for rifle rounds plus outside neck trimmer, and a lee zip trim for hand gun rounds, I got a media separator, and a rcbs rangemaster digital scale. Most of this is still in boxes.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  dmw56 Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm

What the heck is and "enemy combatant" anyway??!!?! I've never heard the term used. Is it illegal to use now??
dmw56
dmw56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  txpower_ram Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:18 pm

well thats the term for a An unlawful combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a civilian who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and may be detained or prosecuted under the domestic law of the detaining state for such action. But now thanks to our "buddy" up there and his non tax paying crooks. This is how it the rules of the war on terror:that authority comes from Congress and the international laws of war, not from the president's own wartime power as Bush had argued. How can there be international laws of war when the enemy isnt from an organized country?? these are individuals from many different countries that dont even wear the same uniforms, they dont even have a flag patches to symbolize their country... sorry didnt mean to get off topic, this fool just gets my blood pressure boil every time he opens his mouth! Anyway, I went to a local gun shop close to the farm and they ammo assault.. oops I mean semi auto rifles etc. Not a bad price either.
txpower_ram
txpower_ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down