Mopar Performance Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My only AMC.

2 posters

Go down

My only AMC. Empty My only AMC.

Post  dwc43 Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 pm

I had a '74 Matador that I bought off of a sub school teacher that I drove for a while. Quite mix of parts. 401 big block with an A727 trans and a Dana 60 rear axle with 4.10's. Had factory duals and a Motorcraft 4bbl, not a holley. It had Mopar rear leafs and a Ford front end. Had the coil spring trapped between the upper mount and the upper A arm like Ford did on a few of there cars.

It was black with black interior. I wished I still had that car or at least some pics of it. IT sure would fly, burn the tires off, and corner pretty decent too. Very Happy
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

My only AMC. Empty Re: My only AMC.

Post  dmw56 Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:07 pm

In the AMC engine it had Mopar LA lifters, Chevy small block push rods and rockers, GM Delco ignition and alternator, probably a Motorcraft carb, Saginaw steering box, Eaton power steering pump, etc, etc...

Bobby Allison was pretty successful with one.
dmw56
dmw56

Male
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  dwc43 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 pm

you are right. IT had a Gm dist. and a Motorcraft 4bbl. I think it had a Federal pwr steer pump, not sure. I was thinking it had a Ford alt, but it may have been a GM. It had the fuel saver vacuum gauge in the dash too. Not that I ever kept my foot out of it long enough to save any fuel ... lol. Very Happy
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: