Mopar Performance Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

340 blocks

2 posters

Go down

340 blocks Empty 340 blocks

Post  MaxwellRick Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the chat thing and i was wondering what would be the best way to increase hp in my 1973 340 roadrunner automatic. ive been researching cams and it seems that a mild cam seems to be the best for me. I was wondering what else I could do to it to get more hp. also for anyone who has a 340 please share what car you have it in and what you have done to it as well.

Last edited by MaxwellRick on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just to add a few things)
MaxwellRick
MaxwellRick

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

340 blocks Empty Re: 340 blocks

Post  dwc43 Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 am

The 73 Road Runner is pretty heavy car for a small block. You'll want to concentrate more on torque that hp since you will need it to get the heavy beast moving. Use a dual plane intake like the Weaind 8007 with a Carter Thermoquad. Use a dual pattern camshaft that will make the torque band much wider and help get the ex. out of the heads since that is it's weak point. Mill the heads .035 for a little bump in compression without having to mill the intake to match it. 1 5/8 headers with 2 1/2 in pipes with an X pipe between the flow master mufflers and the headers. That's a good start for just bolt ons.
dwc43
dwc43

Male
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Back to top Go down